Pizza is great but achieving the perfect pizza dough could be difficult without the right recipe.
Creating the best pizza dough is not hard in terms of effort but sometimes can take time because of the fermentation process.
The poolish is the prefermentation of the dough. We will be making this preparation first and it's really important because will help to create a fluffier mix.
- Water 180gr
- 00 Flour 180gr
- Fresh yeast 4gr
- Honey 3gr
- Disolve the yeast in the water.
- Add the honey and disolve it into the water.
- Add the flour and mix until the content is soft.
- Leave the mix resting for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Move it to the fridge and leave it there for 16 to 24 hours.
- Take out of the fridge the next day and leave it resting for 20' before start preparing the dough.
- Water 240gr
- 00 Flour 420gr
- Salt 12gr
- Olive oil 6gr
- Add the water and the poolish and remove until mixed and soft.
- Add the salt and remove again.
- Add the flour and integrate all together with your hands.
- Work the dough in the counter.
- Add the olive oil over the dough and keep working it for 10' or 15'.
- Fold the dough and give strength to the dough.
- Leave it rest for 15/20 minutes covered.
- Fold the dough from the center from both sides to give more strength to the dough.
- Put it in a bowl covered in the fridge and leave it there for 16/24 hours. This is the double fermentation.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and leave it rest for at least 20' to 1 hour.
- Make balls of 250gr keeping the bottom of the dough at the bottom and closing the ball over that bottom side.
- Colocate the balls on a tray with the closing side to the bottom.
- Leave the balls rest for 1/2 hours at room temperature.
- Take the balls out of the tray and pass them over semolina and strech the dough.
Pizza in the oven.
- Place the stone inside of the oven and switch it on at max temperature during 1 hour.
- Add tomato sauce to the base and put it into the oven until golden.
- Take the pizza out and add the ingredients.
- Cook the pizza at max temperature and take it out before the mozzarella is burnt